|CO Alarm Turns Into CO Incident|
|By First Assistant Fire Chief Andrew Klein|
|December 1, 2018|
In the early hours we received a call of a CO alarm and were told that no key holder would be responding and the house was unoccupied. Car 2049 Lt Albright arrived and not only found the homeowners home but elevated levels of CO in the house. Lt Albright had 60 Control re-dispatch for a confirmed CO incident with an occupant showing symptoms of possible CO exposure. Our ambulance 52-B2 and our mutual aid partner BHFD responded to assist. Car 2041 Chief Carmody arrived and took command. BFD and BHFD crews searched the house and found a geothermal unit that had malfunctioned and had burned up, possibly causing the elevated CO. The residence was vented and homeowners checked by EMS.
PLEASE NEVER DISREGARD ALARMS, IT’S YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE.
|Units:||2041, 2049, U204, 52-B2|